Five Ways to Win Employee Support for Change
Do your company’s leaders understand what inspires employees to change their behavior?
Companies that want to engage employees need to have psychological insight, says John Marshall Roberts, who offers five proven strategies for inspiring employee engagement:
1) Start small by selecting a specific behavior to address, such as recycling or energy consumption
2) Develop a targeted campaign to shape the particular behavior being addressed
3) After behavior has started to change, capture the momentum and apply it to other changes
4) Use successes in achieving small changes to build up “psychological momentum”
5) Make the effort to view the world from the other person’s or management level’s perspective in order to gain consensus