Ranked for several years as one of Fortune’s “Top 100 Companies to Work For” globally, NETAPP is a company that understands the importance of creating a corporate culture. As reported recently in Singapore’s Business Times recently, the company says its culture centers on a positive work environment with opportunities for growth for everyone who works there, including the leadership.
The five values that differentiate NETAPP from other organizations are:
- attitude is contagious, i.e., a positive outlook generates good energy
- candor is encouraged so that honesty is maintained
- a positive approach attracts followers, e.g. recognizing individual successes within the company is more important than focusing on competitors
- leaders should appreciate employees’ work and inspire them rather than simply manage operations
- openness to change is essential in today’s ever-changing, innovative world
What are the core values of your organization? Is everyone familiar with them? And especially: Is everyone aware of the importance of conducting business accordingly?